The service SpeakingOut offers to the public is providing much-needed information, education & training on the topic of Child Sexual Abuse.
Raising Awareness in an effort to aid in the Prevention of this Crime by...
- holding Awareness/Prevention Workshops open to the public and/or for specific groups upon request
- taking advantage of any/all public & closed meeting Speaking opportunities that become available to Raise Awareness by SpeakingOut for children
- providing Educational Materials to the public (Website, Monthly eNewsletter, Social Networking Sites, etc...)
- taking a Public Stand against Child Sexual Abuse
- sending a message to Sexual Predators of children that we, as a society, will no longer just sit idly by while they harm unsuspecting, helpless, innocent children. We reveal not only what
they do to children, but how they silence children from telling on them.
SpeakingOut's Primary Focus is on the Home. Through our Awareness/ Prevention Workshops, we are working to educate Parents (and
Grandparents) by giving them detailed information on the following...
1) The Truth & Reality of Child Sexual Abuse
2) What Child Sexual Abuse Is/Is Not
3) Signs/Symptoms of the Sexually Abused Child
4) The Statistics
5) Information on the Abuser
6) Information on "The System"
7) Message to Parents
Includes steps they can take to protect their child from Sexual Abuse...8) Message to Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- Includes a Message of Hope
- Includes information on possible long-term Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse for Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
By educating Parents on Child Sexual Abuse and encouraging them to talk to their own children, this in turn will raise awareness in children. As this happens, we believe
that this will help in reducing the number of unsuspecting children who are easy prey for Sexual Predators. And by getting Parents to open up the communication line
between them and their children about sexual abuse and misconduct (what‘s appropriate & inappropriate), we believe that many children who are now being violated will
feel safe to come forward and "tell" on their abuser. In addition, this will help children understand this it is okay to say "No", even to an Authority Figure in this case. They
have that right!
By encouraging Parents to tell others, our goal is to get people to start talking openly about Child Sexual Abuse without the shame that is generally associated with this topic. As people
start talking openly, we as a society will begin to uncover this horrific crime committed against innocent children of all ages.
It is our belief that Parents are the key. We try reach as many homes as possible (within our means) by holding educational workshops, and by providing information to Parents and Grandparents by
|Additional Focal Points are...
4) Healthcare Professionals
4) Anyone who works with or around children
Everyone who attends one of our
Awareness/Prevention Workshops receives a
Certificate of Completion at the end of the
SpeakingOut will join forces with all who are
willing to fight against Child Sexual Abuse.
To focus on increasing visibility in communities across America. By doing this, we afford our organization the opportunity to raise public awareness on Child Sexual Abuse. Some of the ways in
which our organization is working to increase visibility and raise awareness are listed below. However, this is not an all-inclusive list, as we will always remain flexible and open to new ideas.
- Informational Brochures
- Business Cards
- Monthly Newsletters
- Awareness/Prevention Workshops
- Public Speaking
- Fundraising/Awareness Events
- Word of Mouth
- Additional Information Sheets/Pamphlets/Brochures
- Public Print
- Online Resources
- Information Tables/Booths
- Promotional Items
- Write Book(s)
|We call our Awareness/Prevention Workshops “A Safe Place” as that is the goal.
|"The World is a dangerous place to live,
not because of the people who are evil,
but because of the people
who don't do anything about it..."
|( A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization)
Just Click on PayPal
Donate Button for a Fast,
Easy & Secure Way to
contribute to our cause.
You do not necessarily need to
have a PayPal Account to
donate online through our
site. If you experience any
difficulty accessing PayPal,
please check your Pop Up
SpeakingOut available for...
- Speaking Engagements
- Child Sexual Abuse
Workshops called "A
SpeakingOut also available
- Setting up an Information
Table at Eventsrmation]
Read / Print Latest Newsletter
To access all previous issues
of SpeakingOut News,
please visit our Home Page.